Sunday, February 2, 2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman: One of the greats.

When my brother Russell texted me the news that one of the greatest actors in the world Mr. Philip Seymour Hoffman had died today I was shocked. As I continue on in life it seems to me that I keep seeing death everywhere, and mostly at young ages. From Cory Monteith, Paul Walker, and Philip Seymour Hoffman and someone very close to me personally, I don't have any words to describe what it's like to lose a young loved one too soon. It was and still is all a haze. Every day it gets a little bit better, until something comes up to remind me of my brother Scott. A song on the radio, something, anything, can trigger memories. All I have to know is that he is ok, that he is safe, happy, and free. Free from all the problems of this world, and in a much better place. I will love him always and miss him until the time comes for me and my family to all be reunited in heaven. I feel his love, guidance and peace everywhere. He is my constant guardian, and I am so glad I had some time with him before I left the house to get to know him better and to spend more time with him. He was and is always so loving, kind, and so funny! He always made me laugh with his witty comments, and I know he struggled so much that while his death was and is tragic, I am happy to know that he is free from all the worldly things that can affect us all so much. He is my guardian angel and I know he is making progress in Heaven everyday. To lose all of these people who had so much talent that they could offer to the world is tragic. I hope and wish the best for all of them, and know the Lord's plan is perfect and that everything has to happen for a reason. A wonderful man in our church ward sang the beautiful song Bring Him Home from the greatest musical of all time Les Miserables at my brother's funeral. At first we didn't think it would fit with the circumstance but it truly did. The Lord brought him home and will bring us all home and I truly know we all will be resurrected. The Lord's Atonement always comes to my mind in times such as these. With all of these tragedies we can all know that everything will work out in the end. The Lord Jesus Christ sacrificed his life for all of us and what peace that brings to the soul, heart, and mind to know this truth and fact of life. The most ironic part is that the Lord gained the glory of the world by doing the opposite of what you would think to do. He sacrificed his life instead of the great deceiver who wanted all the selfish glory. We all should lose ourselves to find ourselves. The Lord and His Father, our Heavenly Father wants all of his children to succeed and "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." This is one of my favorite scriptures of all time and can be found in The Pearl of Great Price in Moses 1:39. It is powerful beyond measure to know that all the Lord wants for us in success in mortality and if we hold onto our faith and hope, and that iron rod forever, we will be brought be back into his presence cleansed and free from sin and be saved in the kingdom of God. I hope everyday for more happiness and for more happiness and joy and peace in this fallen world. Our goal is to overcome this fallen state and become one with the Lord and His perfect Gospel plan. As we all hope for success, peace, and hope in this life, and continue on our path to immortality and eternal life of man, God's greatest gift, I hope for all us in this world to have peace knowing that everything will be right and all will be rectified according to the Lord's will and sacrifice for us all. Sending peace and love to all of you my friends, I am signing off for today, and thank you for listening. Brian Robert Gardner

P.S. On a lighter note go BRONCOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope to share with you my journey, and I truly believe that a new day is dawning in all of our lives.

Let us all discuss ...

And have fun always!